|dc.contributor.author||Nanjing Forestry University||
|dc.identifier.citation||Nanjing Forestry University, China. 2001. Bamboo furniture (2). INBAR, Beijing, China||en_US
|dc.description||Laminated bamboo furniture is a modern invention but has already become popular in
many countries. It is produced from moulded bamboo components and to the uninitiated
eye the furniture is unrecognisable as having been produced from bamboo. A huge range
of furniture can be produced, such as tables and chairs, bookshelves, beds, cabinets and
recliners. The furniture is durable, practical and has a modern appearance. In recent years
elegant designs have been produced in China and Japan.
The main development attributes of the technology are as follows:
• Creates a significant number of employment opportunities.
• Increases community welfare.
• Promotes the efficient management and use of natural bamboo resources.
• Reduces dependency on timber wood and hence helps conserve tree wood.
• Increasing plantations of bamboo can bring degraded land back into productivity.
The main advantages of the technology are:
• Permits the formation of modern, ergonomic shapes and designs of furniture.
• Careful design can continue to improve the product and innovative designs will
maintain and develop market presence.
• A wide range of surface finishes can be achieved.
• The furniture is highly durable.
• The mechanical properties of bamboo are better than those of timber wood for
|dc.description.abstract||Bamboo furniture making unit||en_US
|dc.title||Bamboo furniture (2)||en_US